Newborn photography is a special way to capture the precious moments of your baby’s early days. It’s a time to cherish and remember forever. But planning a newborn session can be a lot of work, especially if you’re not sure where to start.
That’s why I’m here to help! In this blog post, I’ll share my tips for planning a successful newborn session and picking the right photographer for your family.
1. Choose the right photographer
The first step is to choose the right photographer. When you’re looking for a newborn photographer, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Experience: Make sure the photographer you choose has experience photographing newborns. They should be familiar with the different poses and techniques that are safe and comfortable for newborns.
- Style: Take a look at the photographer’s portfolio to see if their style is a good fit for you. Do you like the way they light their images? Do you like their poses?
- Availability: Make sure the photographer you choose is available on the date you want to schedule your session.
Once you’ve found a few photographers you’re interested in, schedule a consultation to meet them in person. This is a great opportunity to ask them any questions you have and get a feel for their personality.
2. Plan your session
Once you’ve chosen a photographer, it’s time to start planning your session. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Location: Will you be having your session in your home or at the photographer’s studio?
- Time of day: Newborns are typically most alert in the morning, so it’s best to schedule your session for early in the day.
- What to wear: Dress your baby in comfortable, loose-fitting clothes that won’t restrict their movements.
- Props: If you want to use props in your session, make sure to choose them carefully. Avoid anything too bright or distracting.
3. Prepare for your session
There are a few things you can do to prepare for your newborn session:
- Get plenty of rest: Newborns are more likely to be cooperative if their parents are well-rested.
- Have a good meal: Eating a healthy meal before your session will help you stay energized.
- Relax: The more relaxed you are, the more relaxed your baby will be.
4. Enjoy your session!
Newborn sessions are a lot of fun! Just relax and enjoy the experience. Your baby will only be this little for a short time, so make the most of it!
5. Choose the right images
Once your session is over, you’ll have to choose which images you want to print. This can be a tough decision, but here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Choose images that are well-lit and sharp.
- Choose images that capture your baby’s personality.
- Choose images that you’ll love looking at for years to come.
6. Enjoy your newborn photos!
Newborn photos are a beautiful way to remember this special time in your baby’s life. They’re a treasure that you’ll cherish for years to come.
About Saher Fahad Photography
Saher Fahad Photography is a boutique newborn photography studio based in Dubai, UAE. We specialize in capturing the precious moments of your baby’s early days. We offer a variety of newborn photography packages to fit your needs and budget. Contact us today to schedule your session! And please, follow along on Instagram.